We all know that light is a very good innovation in the world. At this time almost all areas reach light connection. This is very useful science technology. Sir Thomas Alva Edison invented the electric bulb.
What is Electric Bulb?
An electric bulb refers to an electric lamp which consists of a translucent or transparent glass housing. It is also known as a light bulb. This simple device has been used for the purpose of illumination for more than a century. Electric bulb refers to a device which produces light on the application of electricity. It is an electric light with a wire filament heated to such a high temperature that it glows with visible ligh.
Structure of Bulb
How does bulb work?
Essentially, the lightbulb is a very thin filament of hard-to-melt metal (tungsten with high melting point), usually – encased in a glass bulb filled with inert gases so that the filament doesn’t oxidise and disintegrate. The electricity causes the wire to glow and a portion of that energy is turned into light.
What is Use of Electric Bulb?
An electric light is a device that produces visible light from electric power. It is the most common form of artificial lighting and is essential to modern society, providing interior lighting for buildings and exterior light for evening and nighttime activities.
- It is used in household and commercial lighting
- It is used in portable lighting such as table lamps
- It is used in vehicle lights and car headlights.
- It is used in decorative and advertising lighting
Advantages Electronic Bulb
- Bulbs offer longer life than any other light source.
- The working time ranges from 8000 to 15000 hours in well-balanced condition.
- It is affordable and economical.
- It is easy to install anyone can do it.
- It comes in various sizes and shapes as required.
Disadvantages of Electric Bulb?
- It is energy inefficient.
- A short lamp lifetime is about 1000 hours typically.
- It produces warm light and not used in summer.
- Requires higher operating cost as req.
- Since it is made of glass, it is fragile and should be handled with care (highly cared).
- Bulb generates low lumen per watt and consumes more electricity.
Ques: Who invented Bulb?
Ans: Thomas Alva Edison
Ques: What are the two types of bulb?
Ans: Spiral base bulb and two side nails base bulb.
Ques: Why argon gas is used in bulb?
Ans: To protect from burning and having long lifetime.