Air travel (Air Transport) can be separated into two general classifications: national/domestic and international flights. A flight from one point to another within the same country is called a domestic flight. Flight from a point in one country to a point within a different country is known as an international flight. Travelers can use domestic or international flights in either private or public travel.
- In 1935 the ‘Tata Air Lines’ started its operation of Air Transport between Mumbai and Thiruvanathapuram and in 1937 between Mumbai and Delhi.
- In 1953, all the private airline companies were nationalized and Indian Airlines and Air India came into existence.
- Vayudoot Limited Started in 1981 as a private air carrier and late on is managed by Indian Airlines.
- International Airports Authority of India and National Airports Authority were merged in 1995 to form the Airport Authority of India.
- The Authority manages the Civil Aviation Traning College at Allahabad and the National Institute of Aviation Management and Research in Delhi.
|S. No||International Airports||City|
|1.||Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad|
|2.||Calicut International Airport||Calicut|
|3.||Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai|
|4.||Kempe gowda International Airport||Bengaluru|
|5.||Goa Airport in Vasco di Gama City||Goa|
|6.||Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata|
|7.||Thiruvananthapuram International Airport||Thiruvanan-thapuram|
|8.||Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airports||Guwahati|
|9.||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airports||Ahmedabad|
|10.||Indira Gandhi International Airports||Delhi|
|11.||Chennai International Airports||Chennai|
|12.||Shri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airports||Amritsar|
|13.||Pakyong Airport (First green field airport in Northeast region)||Sikkim|
Bharat Ratna Award Winner List